Orphan Heart Self Test
Are you wondering if you have an orphan heart?
Take this test and find out!
1. Are you often fearful?
2. Do you feel the need to control people and situations?
3. Do you often feel lonely, even in a group or in a crowd?
4. Do you struggle with the feeling that God disapproves of you?
5. Is there an addiction in your life (food, sex, shopping, alcohol)?
6. Do people who know you well describe you as an angry person?
7. Is there an ache in your heart that you can't seem to satisfy?
8. Do you burn relational bridges or do you build them?
9. Do you feel invisible, as if you don't really matter?
10. Do you find yourself frequently seeking the approval of others?
11. Did your parents curse you in a way that still haunts you?
12. Do you have a small emotional range (hard to laugh or cry)?
If you answered yes to one or more of these questions, then it's likely that you have developed an orphan heart in some area of your life. In Rick's Healing An Orphan Heart conference, he identifies over 50 specific ways that people develop orphan traits, often early in life, in order to cope with the pain or trauma they experienced as a child. And these traits combine in adulthood into an "orphan ecosystem" designed to protect the pain and longings we feel and yet do not know how to break free from. The Healing An Orphan Heart conference explores these issues in-depth, assisting you in understanding your personal orphan ecosystem and how to bring healing to your orphan heart.